What We Believe
About the Bible
- We believe that the Bible is the Word of God, divinely inspired; that it is true and has been preserved by God for us; and that it is authoritative for each of us for every age (2 Peter 1:20-21; 2 Timothy 3:16-17).
- We believe the Bible, God’s Word, is the complete and only guide to a relationship with God, salvation, and eternal life (John 12:47-50; James 1:21).
- We believe that God exists eternally as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and that these three are one God (John 10:30; Hebrews 1:1-3; Matthew 3:16-17; Acts 10:38).
- We believe God created the universe by his power and word (Genesis 1:1; Psalm 148:5).
- We believe that God is all-knowing, all-powerful, and ever-present (1 Chronicles 29:10-12).
About Jesus Christ
- We believe Jesus Christ was sent by God the Father into the world to save sinners (Luke 19:10).
- We believe Jesus Christ was born of a virgin, sinless, and mighty in words and deeds (Matthew 1:20-25; Hebrews 4:14-16).
- We believe Jesus Christ was both God and man, was crucified for our sins, bodily raised from the dead, and ascended to His Father’s side where He is head of the church and intercedes for believers (1 Corinthians 15:3-4; Hebrews 7:25).
- We believe Jesus Christ is coming again and that, as His children, we will gain the ultimate triumph—victory over sin and death and that He will bring us to His heavenly kingdom (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18;
2 Timothy 4:18).
About the Holy Spirit
- We believe the Holy Spirit is a person, is God, and has all the divine characteristics. He indwells all Christians, baptizes and seals us at the moment of salvation, and enables us to live godly lives (Acts 2:38; 2 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Corinthians 1:21-22; 1 Corinthians 6:19; 12:13; Romans 8; Galatians 5:22-23).
- We believe that God saves us, not on the basis of what we do, but according to His mercy and His grace (Titus 3:5; Ephesians 2:8-10).
- We believe that our response to God’s grace includes FAITH: trust & obedience; REPENTANCE: turning away from sin and towards God’s will; and BAPTISM: an immersion into Christ and newness of life (Acts 2:37-38; 2 Peter 3:8-9; John 3:1-7; Romans 6:1-4; 1 Peter 3:18-22).
- We believe that it is by God’s power or work that we are given salvation. Only God can forgive sins, clothe us with Christ, add us to the church his body, and save us (Acts 22:16; Galatians 3:27; 1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Mark 16:15-16).
- We believe that in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; we will be changed, raised imperishable, and will be like Him (1 Corinthians 15:51-52; 2 Corinthians 5:1; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; 1 John 3:2).
About the church
- We believe the Lord’s church is the body of baptized believers who are called by God to glorify him, follow Jesus, edify each other, share the good news with the lost, make disciples, and minister to all (Acts).
Reclaimed church is a church plant which in turn will continue to plant churches through the missional community model as presented by the early church in Acts 2. We are also blessed to be in partnership with the North Boulevard church of Christ in Murfreesboro, TN who also has a passion to make disciples, plant new churches, and see God’s Kingdom grow.